The Heartbeat Pulse Matcher is a small wearable device that can be put on like a glove. One or Two or more people can wear such a devise. A pulse sensor detects their heartbeat.
You are dancing on the dance floor in your favorite club with your heartbeat pulse
matcher around your wrist. Dancing with yourself is amusing, but dancing together
with someone is much more amusing. You are getting a signal of your pulse matcher.
This means that there is someone around you who transmits his or her heart beat to you and before you know it, you are not dancing alone anymore.
Sense your heartbeat
and connect to
a matching rhythm.
The Heartbeat Pulse Matcher is a small wearable device that can be put on like a glove. One or Two or more people can wear such a devise. A pulse sensor detects their heartbeat. On the rhythm of their heartbeat a vibrating pulse signal is send to a miniature vibe board that makes contact with their skin.
The heartbeat pulse matcher also contains a transmitter/receiver. The heartbeat of a participant is automatically transmitted. A heartbeat can be received and interpreted by the other heartbeat pulse matcher. The signal is only detected when the two participants are within a certain distance from each other. The incoming pulse signal is combined with the heartbeat of the receiving participant. The result of the comparison is translated in an experience that is perceived through vibrating pulses that are a mix of the two heartbeats. It gives an indication about the way the two heartbeats merge with each other.
- The heartbeat is perceived by the pulse sensor and send to the Lilypad. The lilypad puts out a signal to the miniature vibe board. You perceive a vibrating sensation on the skin in the same rhythm as your heartbeat.
- A transmitter sends a wireless signal that contains a heartbeat of a participant wearing a heart beat pulse sensor.
- Thereby other participants wearing a device can receive the heartbeat of a second participant wearing a heartbeat pulse sensor
- These rhythms combine to a new beat that can be sensed by both participants.
- 2x Arduino LilyPads 328
- 2x Lilypad FTDI USB adapter
- 2x Lilypad Xbee adapter
- 2x pulse sensors (http://pulsesensor.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/3v-- -
- 2x Xbee 1 mW Module (to transmit an receive the pulse signal)
- 2x Lilypad vibe board
- 2x 9 volt battery